Cheeseburger Eggrolls with Special Sauce
From the kitchen of Hungry Little Herbivore
“This recipe is a fun take on the traditional cheeseburger. It’s great for entertaining friends or for a special sunday treat for the fam.”
pkg. eggroll wrappers
1 C Peaceful Rebel Mozzarella*, shredded
16 oz Beyond Meat
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
-For the Special Sauce:
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/4 C ketchup
1 tsp stone ground mustard
2 tbsp pickles, chopped
1 tbsp pickle juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 C iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 roma tomato, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
2 tbsp pickles
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the beyond meat and seasonings. Cook for about 10 minutes until slightly crisp, stirring occasionally. Set the mixture aside to cool.
3. While the Beyond Meat cools make the sauce. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until fully combined.
4. To make the eggrolls add 2 tbsp Beyond Meat and 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese on top of the eggroll wrapper. Then fold the bottom edge in followed by the side edges. At this point, wet the inside of the remaining edge and finish rolling the eggroll. Continue this process with the remaining “meat” and cheese mixture. Cook the eggrolls at 350°F for 40 minutes flipping them half way through.
5. To serve the eggrolls top with the lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and a drizzle of special sauce. Serve the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
Pesto Pasta Salad
From the kitchen of Hungry Little Herbivore
For the Pesto:
3 C fresh basil, packed
1 lemon, juiced
4 cloves garlic
1/4 C nutritional yeast
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1/4 C water
1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
For the Pasta Salad:
16 oz pasta of choice (I used Banza)
1/2 C sun dried tomatoes*
1/2 C kalamata olives
1 can artichokes
1 C Peaceful Rebel Feta*
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside to cool.
2. In a blender or food processor add all of the pesto ingredients, then blend until smooth. Add the pesto to the pasta and stir until the pasta is fully coated.
3. Drain and rinse the artichokes then give them a rough chop. Cut the feta into small cubes. Add the artichokes, feta, and the remaining ingredients to the pasta and gently incorporate them into the dish.
Cheddar Cornbread Waffles
From the kitchen of Hungry Little Herbivore
I am so excited to be collaborating with Chef Lorna Rosenblum on a series of recipes using Peaceful Rebel Cheese! Check out her website for this and many other amazing and easy vegan recipes.
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 C cornmeal
- 1 1/2 C Peaceful Rebel Sharp Cheddar, shredded (or substitute your favorite cheddar)
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast
- 2 C plant milk
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 salt
1. Preheat the waffle iron to its highest setting.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal and remaining dry ingredients. Stir so everything is well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk until the batter is smooth, then fold the cheddar shreds in.
4. Using a 1/3 C, measure the batter and pour it into the center of the waffle maker. Close the top, and wait until the light turns green. Carefully remove the waffle and repeat with the remaining batter.
Blue Cheese & Apricot Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pint Button or Crimini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 C dried apricots
- few sprigs of fresh parsley
- 8 almonds
- S & P to taste
- 1/2 C cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1-2 oz Colorado Blue, crumbled
Preheat oven to 325 F. In a small food processor or blender, pulse the apricots, parsley, almonds and S&P. Pour into a small bowl and add rice and Colorado Blue. Mix. Toss mushrooms in a little olive oil. Arrange them in a pie plate and add about 1 Tbl filling with a spoon. Bake 6-8 minutes, then cover with foil and bake 10 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, if desired.
Cheese-Stuffed Baked Figs with Caramel Sauce
- fresh figs
- 1 package Peaceful Rebel Caramelized Garlic Cheese, softened
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 1 ts balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Place softened cheese in bowl and whip until smooth. Add a little plant milk if necessary, but you don’t want it runny. Remove top stems from figs and make an X cut down to about the middle. Brush with olive oil. Spoon cheese into figs. Bake for about 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese starts to brown and melt. Let cool. Can be stored in refigerator. Take them out 30 minutes before serving.
When ready to serve, place brown sugar, balsamic, water and 1 tsp olive oil in small saucepan. Simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes until reduced and thick, like maple syrup. Place figs on plate and pour sauce over them. They are also really good with vanilla ice cream!
Rueben with Smoked Gouda
The pastrami is totally worth the effort!
-1 tsp each: whole allspice, whole mustard seed, coriander seed, whole black peppercorn, whole cardamom
-4 whole cloves
-1 bay leaf
-1 tsp ground ginger
-1/2 stick cinnamon
-pinch of cayenne
-1/2 C beet juice
-4 T maple or agave syrup
-1/3 C apple cider vinegar
-4 T tamari
-1 T Dijon
-4 T olive oil
– 1 package tempeh, thinly sliced
-1 package Peaceful Rebel Smoked Gouda, sliced
In a dry pan, toast all spices through cloves until mustard seeds begin to pop. Keep pan moving so as not to burn. Pour into mortar and pestle and crush to rough state. Crumble bay leaf and add to spices. Add ginger. Add this to a bowl with the next 8 ingredients, then whisk until combined.
Place tempeh in a container and pour marinade over it. Cover and let sit over night.
When ready to use, bring a large skillet to medium-high heat, add the tempeh and 1/4 C of the marinade, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add a little more marinade. Turn the slices and saute until liquid reduces and tempeh is a beautiful red color.
To serve, slather vegan Russian dressing on rye, add Peaceful Rebel Gouda, pastrami, and sauerkraut. Brush top of rye with oil and place sandwich on grill or fry pan. Press down on it with spatula. Flip and repeat, until cheese melts.
Vegan Russian Dressing: Mix the following:
-3/4 C vegan mayo -1/4 C ketchup
-1 ts vegan Worchestershire -1 T relish
-horseradish to taste -1 T finely chopped shallot
Sprouts with Olive Feta
This easy dish makes a cool summer accompaniment to a sandwich. Or, serve it on a bed of greens and eat as a main course!
– 3 C mung bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
– 2 T chopped kalamata olives
– 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
– 5 T vegan mayonnaise
– 3.5 oz (1/2 package ) Peaceful Rebel Olive Feta
– S&P to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon, mayonnaise, S & P. Mix sprouts and olives with dressing, then add feta and gently toss.
Easy Alfredo with Mozzarella
A creamy, gooey sauce. Yum!
Adapted from Happy Herbivore
– 1 C sliced mushrooms
– 12 oz silken tofu
– 1 C plant milk
– 1/4 ts nutmeg
– 1 ts garlic powder
– 1/2 ts onion powder
– 1/4 ts salt
– 1/4 C nutritional yeast
– 1 T flour, for thickening
– 4 oz grated Peaceful Rebel Mozzarella
– 3 C cooked pasta
Add mushrooms to 2 qt sauce pan, on medium heat, with a little olive oil and stir until just golden. Remove from pan. Add next 6 ingredients to blender until smooth. Pour into saucepan and whisk in flour and nutritional yeast. When starting to thicken, stir in mozzarella. Adjust seasonings. Add mushrooms and serve over pasta.
Extra Sharp White Cheeseball
This makes a sophisticated version of the classic. Definitely NOT just for the holidays!
-1 7 oz package Peaceful Rebel Extra Sharp White
-2 T hazelnuts
-2 T pepitas
Throw nuts in blender and whiz for a couple seconds. You want them to be a little chunky, not powdered. Put into a large bowl. Remove ESW from package and crumble or slice into a bowl. Allow to soften for a few minutes. On wax paper, form the softened cheese into a ball. Gently roll into nuts. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Rice with Asparagus, Peas and Ash Creme Coconut Sauce
– 1 C brown or basmati rice
– 2 1/2 C water
– 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1″pieces
– 1/2 C frozen peas
– 1/2 C coconut cream, canned
– 3 1/2 oz (about 1/2 package) Ash Creme Vegan Cheese, diced
– pepper,to taste
Cook rice in water, covered, until done, about 45 minutes. In another pan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus and peas. Cook for about 5 minutes. Drain. Put this, along with rice, coconut cream and Ash Creme in a large frying pan. Stir until cheese melts. Add a little water, if too thick. Season with pepper and serve. Serves 4.
-3 Tbl grated Rebel Meltable Mozzarella
-3 Tbl grated Rebel Sharp Cheddar
-Rebel Queso Fresco
-1 tortilla of choice
Optional additional filling: cooked soy chorizo, mushrooms, sliced avocado
Simply place grated cheese (and optional ingredients) on 1/2 the tortilla. Fold the other side over it and put in convection oven or regular oven for about 5-10 minutes, until tortilla is warmed and cheese melts. Top with crumbled Queso Fresco and serve with fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes and salsa.
Stretchy Mozzarella Sticks
-1 package Rebel Meltable Mozzarella
-1/2 C plant milk of choice (I used soy because of its neutral flavor.)
-1 T ground flax seeds
-1/4 C flour of choice
-1 Tbl nutritional yeast
-1 tsp each oregano, basil, garlic powder
-1 C breadcrumbs (can be GF)
-1/4 C grapeseed oil (or other frying oil)
-marinara, to serve
Cut: 1 package Peaceful Rebel Mozzarella into 1/4″ sticks. Put in fridge until ready to use.
Mix: plant milk, ground flax seeds, flour, nutritional yeast & herbs in small bowl.
Place: a bowl with 1 C breadcrumbs next to this.
Heat: oil in pan on medium high heat.
Dredge: a stick of cheese in batter, then GENTLY roll in breadcrumbs. Fry 20 seconds, then flip. Drain on paper towel
These can also be spayed with oil, then baked at 450 F for 4 minutes.
Serve with marinara.
Arugula, Strawberry & Feta Salad
Here a some really creative, delish recipes that vegan wonder woman Sarah Eastin came up with
for Peaceful Rebel Cheese, including the fantastic summer salad, here.
I especially like her traditional Calabacitas recipe using the Queso Fresco.
Heal, Blossom, Grow
Pita Stuffed with Herbed Feta & Greek Olives
This is a fast, delicious meal.
-lettuce and tomato, chopped
-Greek olives, pitted
-Peaceful Rebel Herbed Feta
-Oil & vinegar dressing of choice
Simply put it all in the pita and drizzle with your favorite oil & vinegar style dressing.
*Note: for gluten free, substitute GF pita
The combination of creamy Ash cheese, sweet apples and balsamic reduction makes hits a perfect balance.