This amazing tray is the result of a
collaboration with recipe creator
extraordinaire and self-proclaimed
Snack Queen, Kimberly,
@Shesahungrydude ! If you’re looking
for some really creative meals, or the
plant-based version of a classic,
check out her Instagram feed.
Find out how to make this snack tray
in the video, below.
Cheeseburger Eggrolls with Special Sauce
From the kitchen of Hungry Little Herbivore
“This recipe is a fun take on the traditional cheeseburger. It’s great for entertaining friends or for a special sunday treat for the fam.”
pkg. eggroll wrappers
1 C Peaceful Rebel Mozzarella*, shredded
16 oz Beyond Meat
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
-For the Special Sauce:
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/4 C ketchup
1 tsp stone ground mustard
2 tbsp pickles, chopped
1 tbsp pickle juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 C iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 roma tomato, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
2 tbsp pickles
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the beyond meat and seasonings. Cook for about 10 minutes until slightly crisp, stirring occasionally. Set the mixture aside to cool.
3. While the Beyond Meat cools make the sauce. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until fully combined.
4. To make the eggrolls add 2 tbsp Beyond Meat and 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese on top of the eggroll wrapper. Then fold the bottom edge in followed by the side edges. At this point, wet the inside of the remaining edge and finish rolling the eggroll. Continue this process with the remaining “meat” and cheese mixture. Cook the eggrolls at 350°F for 40 minutes flipping them half way through.
5. To serve the eggrolls top with the lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and a drizzle of special sauce. Serve the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
Buffalo Jackfruit Pizza with Blue Cheese
From the kitchen of Hungry Little Herbivore
“For this recipe I have used the unbelievably realistic blue cheese from Peaceful Rebel. When I first tried this cheese I just about died, and was so excited to try and come up with a recipe fitting to its greatness. And lets be real, what is better than buffalo sauce and blue cheese? This is one of those recipes that tastes even better than it looks…. and it looks pretty damn good!”
Makes 2 pizzas
For the pizza dough:
3/4 C + 2 tbsp lukewarm water 6 oz vegan beer, 1 /2can
1/2 tbsp yeast extract 1/2 tbsp salt
3/4 tbsp organic sugar* 3 C all purpose flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
For the garlic cream sauce:
1/2 C cashews, soaked overnight. 1 head roasted garlic
1 tbsp garlic oil 1 tsp miso
1/4 tsp kosher salt 2 tbsp water
For the Jackfruit:
1 can jackfruit, in brine 2/3 C buffalo sauce
1 C water 1 tbsp vegan butter
1/4 red onion, 1/8” rings
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp flaked salt
1. To make the pizza dough, mix the yeast, sugar, warm water, and beer. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl mix the flour and salt, then combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Knead the dough just enough so that the dough comes together, transfer it to a large oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Let the dough rest for 2-4 hours at room temperature.* Then the dough is ready to use.
3. While the dough is resting, prepare the garlic cream sauce and the jackfruit. Preheat the oven to 375°F, cut the garlic head in half and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, cook for 30-40 minutes until soft. When the garlic is done, transfer the garlic and it’s oil to a blender. Then add the soaked cashews, miso, and water, blend on high until smooth.
4. For the jackfruit, drain the jackfruit from it’s brine, then give it a rough chop. In a small saucepan, add the jackfruit, buffalo sauce and water, heat on medium high for 10-15 minutes until the water is absorbed. Finish by stirring the butter in, then transfer to a bowl to cool.
5. When the pizza dough is done, preheat the oven and the pizza stone to 500°F*. On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough in half, and roll each piece into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll the first pizza dough out to 16”. Carefully take the heated pizza stone from the oven, and coat with 2 tsp semolina flour. Transfer the rolled out dough to the pizza stone. Par-bake the pizza dough for 4 minutes.
6. After the par-bake, take the pizza from the oven then spread half the cashew cream evenly to the base of the pizza. Then add half of the remaining ingredients across the top, leaving the parsley to garnish with,
7. Cook the pizza for 8-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Cut the pizza in eighths and finish with a sprinkle of flaked salt and parsley.
Pesto Pasta Salad
From the kitchen of Hungry Little Herbivore
For the Pesto:
3 C fresh basil, packed
1 lemon, juiced
4 cloves garlic
1/4 C nutritional yeast
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1/4 C water
1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
For the Pasta Salad:
16 oz pasta of choice (I used Banza)
1/2 C sun dried tomatoes*
1/2 C kalamata olives
1 can artichokes
1 C Peaceful Rebel Feta*
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside to cool.
2. In a blender or food processor add all of the pesto ingredients, then blend until smooth. Add the pesto to the pasta and stir until the pasta is fully coated.
3. Drain and rinse the artichokes then give them a rough chop. Cut the feta into small cubes. Add the artichokes, feta, and the remaining ingredients to the pasta and gently incorporate them into the dish.
Cheddar Cornbread Waffles
From the kitchen of Hungry Little Herbivore
I am so excited to be collaborating with Chef Lorna Rosenblum on a series of recipes using Peaceful Rebel Cheese! Check out her website for this and many other amazing and easy vegan recipes.
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 1 C cornmeal
- 1 1/2 C Peaceful Rebel Sharp Cheddar, shredded (or substitute your favorite cheddar)
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast
- 2 C plant milk
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 salt
1. Preheat the waffle iron to its highest setting.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal and remaining dry ingredients. Stir so everything is well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk until the batter is smooth, then fold the cheddar shreds in.
4. Using a 1/3 C, measure the batter and pour it into the center of the waffle maker. Close the top, and wait until the light turns green. Carefully remove the waffle and repeat with the remaining batter.
Spooky Halloween Cheese Ball
- 5 oz. Peaceful Rebel Sharp Cheddar
- 3.5 oz plant based cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 Tbl black sesame seeds
Let the cheeses soften at room temperature. In a blender or small processor, blend cheeses and spices until combined, scraping bowl as necessary. Place in a bowl in refrigerator for about 20 minutes, just until slightly firm. On wax paper, roll the cheese into a ball with your hands. Place sesame seeds in a bowl and roll the cheese ball in them until well coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cheese-Stuffed Baked Figs with Caramel Sauce
- fresh figs
- 1 package Peaceful Rebel Caramelized Garlic Cheese, softened
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 1 ts balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Place softened cheese in bowl and whip until smooth. Add a little plant milk if necessary, but you don’t want it runny. Remove top stems from figs and make an X cut down to about the middle. Brush with olive oil. Spoon cheese into figs. Bake for about 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese starts to brown and melt. Let cool. Can be stored in refrigerator. Take them out 30 minutes before serving.
When ready to serve, place brown sugar, balsamic, water and 1 tsp olive oil in small saucepan. Simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes until reduced and thick, like maple syrup. Place figs on plate and pour sauce over them. They are also really good with vanilla ice cream!
Rueben with Smoked Gouda
The pastrami is totally worth the effort!
-1 tsp each: whole allspice, whole mustard seed, coriander seed, whole black peppercorn, whole cardamom
-4 whole cloves
-1 bay leaf
-1 tsp ground ginger
-1/2 stick cinnamon
-pinch of cayenne
-1/2 C beet juice
-4 T maple or agave syrup
-1/3 C apple cider vinegar
-4 T tamari
-1 T Dijon
-4 T olive oil
– 1 package tempeh, thinly sliced
-1 package Peaceful Rebel Smoked Gouda, sliced
In a dry pan, toast all spices through cloves until mustard seeds begin to pop. Keep pan moving so as not to burn. Pour into mortar and pestle and crush to rough state. Crumble bay leaf and add to spices. Add ginger. Add this to a bowl with the next 8 ingredients, then whisk until combined.
Place tempeh in a container and pour marinade over it. Cover and let sit over night.
When ready to use, bring a large skillet to medium-high heat, add the tempeh and 1/4 C of the marinade, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add a little more marinade. Turn the slices and saute until liquid reduces and tempeh is a beautiful red color.
To serve, slather vegan Russian dressing on rye, add Peaceful Rebel Gouda, pastrami, and sauerkraut. Brush top of rye with oil and place sandwich on grill or fry pan. Press down on it with spatula. Flip and repeat, until cheese melts.
Vegan Russian Dressing: Mix the following:
-3/4 C vegan mayo -1/4 C ketchup
-1 ts vegan Worchestershire -1 T relish
-horseradish to taste -1 T finely chopped shallot
Sprouts with Olive Feta
This easy dish makes a cool summer accompaniment to a sandwich. Or, serve it on a bed of greens and eat as a main course!
– 3 C mung bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
– 2 T chopped kalamata olives
– 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
– 5 T vegan mayonnaise
– 3.5 oz (1/2 package ) Peaceful Rebel Olive Feta
– S&P to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon, mayonnaise, S & P. Mix sprouts and olives with dressing, then add feta and gently toss.
Easy Alfredo with Mozzarella
A creamy, gooey sauce. Yum!
Adapted from Happy Herbivore
– 1 C sliced mushrooms
– 12 oz silken tofu
– 1 C plant milk
– 1/4 ts nutmeg
– 1 ts garlic powder
– 1/2 ts onion powder
– 1/4 ts salt
– 1/4 C nutritional yeast
– 1 T flour, for thickening
– 4 oz grated Peaceful Rebel Mozzarella
– 3 C cooked pasta
Add mushrooms to 2 qt sauce pan, on medium heat, with a little olive oil and stir until just golden. Remove from pan. Add next 6 ingredients to blender until smooth. Pour into saucepan and whisk in flour and nutritional yeast. When starting to thicken, stir in mozzarella. Adjust seasonings. Add mushrooms and serve over pasta.
Extra Sharp White Cheeseball
This makes a sophisticated version of the classic. Definitely NOT just for the holidays!
-1 7 oz package Peaceful Rebel Extra Sharp White
-2 T hazelnuts
-2 T pepitas
Throw nuts in blender and whiz for a couple seconds. You want them to be a little chunky, not powdered. Put into a large bowl. Remove ESW from package and crumble or slice into a bowl. Allow to soften for a few minutes. On wax paper, form the softened cheese into a ball. Gently roll into nuts. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Rice with Asparagus, Peas and Ash Creme Coconut Sauce
– 1 C brown or basmati rice
– 2 1/2 C water
– 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1″pieces
– 1/2 C frozen peas
– 1/2 C coconut cream, canned
– 3 1/2 oz (about 1/2 package) Ash Creme Vegan Cheese, diced
– pepper,to taste
Cook rice in water, covered, until done, about 45 minutes. In another pan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus and peas. Cook for about 5 minutes. Drain. Put this, along with rice, coconut cream and Ash Creme in a large frying pan. Stir until cheese melts. Add a little water, if too thick. Season with pepper and serve. Serves 4.
Stretchy Mozzarella Sticks
-1 package Rebel Meltable Mozzarella
-1/2 C plant milk of choice (I used soy because of its neutral flavor.)
-1 T ground flax seeds
-1/4 C flour of choice
-1 Tbl nutritional yeast
-1 tsp each oregano, basil, garlic powder
-1 C breadcrumbs (can be GF)
-1/4 C grapeseed oil (or other frying oil)
-marinara, to serve
Cut: 1 package Peaceful Rebel Mozzarella into 1/4″ sticks. Put in fridge until ready to use.
Mix: plant milk, ground flax seeds, flour, nutritional yeast & herbs in small bowl.
Place: a bowl with 1 C breadcrumbs next to this.
Heat: oil in pan on medium high heat.
Dredge: a stick of cheese in batter, then GENTLY roll in breadcrumbs. Fry 20 seconds, then flip. Drain on paper towel
These can also be spayed with oil, then baked at 450 F for 4 minutes.
Serve with marinara.
Arugula, Strawberry & Feta Salad
Here a some really creative, delish recipes that vegan wonder woman Sarah Eastin came up with
for Peaceful Rebel Cheese, including the fantastic summer salad, here.
I especially like her traditional Calabacitas recipe using the Queso Fresco.
Heal, Blossom, Grow
Pita Stuffed with Herbed Feta & Greek Olives
This is a fast, delicious meal.
-lettuce and tomato, chopped
-Greek olives, pitted
-Peaceful Rebel Herbed Feta
-Oil & vinegar dressing of choice
Simply put it all in the pita and drizzle with your favorite oil & vinegar style dressing.
*Note: for gluten free, substitute GF pita
The combination of creamy Ash cheese, sweet apples and balsamic reduction makes hits a perfect balance.